What is it?
What is UX? What is Design? What is Information Architecture? ugh.
UX is like the Articles of Confederacy version of the US. Not well federated, and everything wants to be one foot in and one foot out.
- Infographic: The Intricate Anatomy of UX Design by Mark Wilson covers Dan Saffer’s diagram on UX Design. It’s my go-to for explaining what we cover.
- The difference between art and design by John O’Nolan at Webdesigner Depot offers some opinions on what sets design apart from art. I don’t agree with all of them, but they’ve called out some of the most important.
- “Creative” is not a dirty word by Jeffrey Zeldman on The Pastry Box
- The Three Hour Brand Sprint by GV Library (Google Ventures)
- Personas and the Role of Design Documentation by Andrew Hinton at Boxes and Arrows