I am an Information Architect with a demonstrated record of designing monetary and clerical transaction systems for consumer finance. I make existing website easier to use, create structures for new sites, and mentor your junior designers so they have the skills necessary to do the same.
I believe in data-informed responsive design and a content-first approach. I prefer to start a project at “What is the business problem?” and follow through to elevation, but if I can’t, I prefer prototyping in HTML to flat designs, and process design to content sites. I prefer being a team member and mentor to managing staff. I passionately advocate for accessibility. I believe in establishing design standards, documenting best practices, and creating effective design processes.
- I redesigned the second-most-frequently used page on the Vanguard Individual Investors website (Balances and Holdings) during a corporate design overhaul, under tight deadlines and intense scrutiny.
- I integrated the new process steps required by Cost Basis legislation into four transactional systems (mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and bulk transactions) for users under tight deadlines and a shifting legal landscape. I led the design effort for two different Agile teams at the same time and ensured that the behavior was consistent across all four applications.
- I redesigned the proprietary budgeting software used by the IT division to account for project demand, headcount, and chargebacks. This project was performed in an environment where the business contacts had lost trust in IT, was facing tight deadlines and visibility up to the head of IT.
- I’m the Information Architecture Consultant who assists business groups with their intranet SharePoint sites. I track and manage as many as ten SharePoint site redesign efforts at any given time, including discussions with corporate brand standards teams, Intellectual Property, and the business groups themselves.
- I taught proper semantic HTML and CSS to the Sharepoint developers, who previously worked only in C#. I teach basic usability, architecture, and visual design skills to SharePoint Site Administrators with no experience in Design.