I attended ForgeConf in Philadelphia on September 26, 2016. ForgeConf was a two-track conference but in this case that means there were two different talks in most of the time slots; they were all for UX folks. Choosing tracks was difficult! Anyway, these are the notes from the sessions I attended.
Here are the notes from the conference. Note: since the time when these were captured on Storify, Storify has ceased to be a thing. Fortunately, I had print-to-PDF backups. Unfortunately, they’re not particularly accessible.
- Purpose Driven Design: An Impact Focused Model for Innovation by Amy Cueva – keynote session (pdf)
- Build Measure Learn loop and the best way of incorporating UX into the Lean Startup method by Amanda Stockwell (pdf)
- Accessibility Equals Innovation by Tom Wlodkowski (pdf)
- ForgeConf Q&A with Mayor Jim Kenney (pdf)
- The Internet of Things in Space: Building Compelling User Experiences by Steve Hillenius (pdf)
- UX Research = UX Innovation by Lija Hogan (pdf)
- Career Growth Through Deliberate Discomfort by Frank Yoo (pdf)
- Everything I know about managing designers I’ve learned from coaching youth sports by Albert Poon – keynote session (pdf)